Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The things we do..

I've always been a firm believer of paying attention to detail and remebering the things people say to you in conversations. You never know when a bit of information that could seem meaningless at the time, can be used to convey sincerity and thoughtfulness.

Trying to live life as 'the good guy' you realize over time that there are certain things you can and cannot do. I had a conversation with a friend of mine over the weekend who was having relationship issues. He wasn't sure really sure what he should do or what he wanted. In all honesty it was like speaking to myself when we were talking. Something he said kind of struck a chord in me though. It was something to the effect of "I want to do the right thing." To which I responded with.. "Sometimes it's not about what you feel is the right thing, but rather what you *want* to do." I'm not exactly sure if that was the best suggestion but I guess it is kind of true. I mean, you can only do so much for the other person before one day you're like.. huh..maybe I should do this or that for myself. And in no way should you feel 'selfish' if you do something for yourself once in awhile.

Man I started this, this morning and been to busy at work to finish it. I'll write more later.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so here's my two cents.

If you spend your entire life pleasing others, you will wake up one morning burnt out, unhappy, and seriously fuckin' bored. Take the time to be selfish once in a while. We, as individuals, deserve that much. Just choose your battles wisely. ;)