Friday, August 12, 2005

Oh hey look at that

So I was checking my Yahoo email this morning before starting on all this crapass work I have to do and this story pops up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050812/ap_on_re_us/secret_waterfall

This is a quote from the story.

"It wasn't on a map, no one on the trail crew knew about it. People who been here 27 years had never seen it," said Milestone, who is leading an effort to clear a trail to the newly named Whiskeytown Falls. It's expected to be finished by next summer."

Wtf.. assholes. How do you "discover" a waterfall? It's not like it just came outta nowhere and it's not in some remote rain forest deep in the jungle by the giant Anacondas. Anyway, that story made me laugh and it helps illustrate that regardless of what field you work in or wherever you are, there will always be slacker ass slackers that are as useful as a umbrella with holes in it. (It's raining out right now in Chicago)

I'm going to start slapping management with a trout if they don't give me a "market value adjustment" in the very near future that's independent of any future promotions and performance reviews. Grr. Grr I say.

~dhavid

0 comments: