Monday, August 15, 2005

Help, I need a gypsy

A conversation Haruka and I had the other night she mentioned it looked like I had a short life line on my palm. Awesome. So that's been banging around in my head. How much do I believe in pre-destined things and fate? It's such a hard question. Because here's the thing.. we're supposed to have free will, and I can say all I want that I make my own destiny and follow my own choices.. at the same time, that doesn't meant that every decision I make wasn't already pre-destined... DOH!..

So check this site out I just read my palm using it, well to the best of my ability in the current low lighting conditions in the office right now.
http://www.ofesite.com/spirit/palm/palm.htm

They have a section where you can fill out the questions and get a generic reading. Generic or not.. I'm not really sure how to react to mine...
----

Dear Dhavid,

Here is your personal palm reading! This will be a general reading of your palm, and what it says about you and your personality. Enjoy.

First let's take a look at your Life Line. Your Life Line is short and strong, which shows vitality and drive, as well as a strong ability to overcome health problems. The wavey quality of your Life Line does seem to indicate that you may experience variable health, and that you may not always be very energetic. When the Life Line crosses the palm, as it does in you case, it indicates a life affected by travel. Your life may also be heavily influenced by imagination. A chained Life Line indicates various health problems, both physical and emotional. Many people with allergies have such a line as well.

Now let's see what your Head Line had to say. The light and wavy quality of your Head Line seems to mimic the way you think. While you don't necessarily lack intellectuality, you don't always think about things in much depth, and sometimes you may have problems concentrating on more than one thing at a time. A chained Head Line shows agitation and tension at different points in your life. The joining of your Head Line and Life Line at the beginning indicates that your strong sense of mind generally rules over your body. You also look at childhood with a cautious and fearful outlook.

The last line we'll look at is your Heart Line. A selfish and materialistic look at love is characteristic to those like you whose Heart Line start below the middle finger. A long Heart Line like yours, running almost all the way across the palm, represents an idealist in love. In love you tend to look for those whose status rises above your own, and you have a great respect for them. Those little lines you see running downward from your Heart Line indicate disappointments in love.

You have a spade-shaped hand. This is the hand of an inventor. You are probably very good with all things mechanical. Often those who've forged new paths in science and engineering have a spade-shaped hand. Women who have this type of hand enjoy do-it-yourself projects (decorating and sewing). It also gives these women a manual dexterity greater than most men have.

---

Just damn. That's almost as spot on as the fortune teller I saw in New Orleans a couple of years ago. If there's any truths in fortune telling, I feel the creepy lady in the back room of the voodoo shop I was in would be the real deal (if that exists).

On a sidenote I saw Skeleton Key over the weekend. The repeating mantra of If you don't believe it can't hurt you.. I don't agree with that. It's the arguement of say, the devil. The classic line of "I don't believe in the devil", responded with ,"That doesn't mean he doesn't believe in you". Sure you should keep an open mind about things, but sometimes it's a little much and you're just like.. screw this. If this or that is real, and if things are destined to happen.. then what the hell.

Personally I'm hoping that if something is "written in the stars" for me, that it doesn't suck complete ass because who wants to grow up to be a cosmic joke?

~dhavid

PS And no, I was not smoking 'the pot' while writing this.

0 comments: