Wednesday, September 29, 2004

I Can't Stop Raving I Can't Stop Raving

Let's see not alot of time today but alot on my mind 3 separate non related things actually.

1. Pro Sports - Last night I went to a Cubs game. It was a bit chilly but whatever it was fun. I have come to the conclusion however, that pro sports pisses me off. Here you have these people playing a game they loved to begin with and are getting paid freaking bank to play.. yet here and there they'll be like *whiiiiiine* we want more money! ... All the while there are more important things going on in the world. Like kids going hungry. I mean, props to the athletes that actually try to give back and help with charities like Lance Armstrong and his LiveStrong bracelets, that's pretty cool. But the athletes that just make bank and don't do anything good with that money.. ya'll suck.

2. Americans. People from all over - Now.. if someone said to me... hey, people are in trouble, they need someone to fight for them or to protect them, I would be ready to go on a moments notice. But fighting for profit , greed, or personal gain.. that pisses me off. People who have everything or live in a life of comforts and luxury often forget or intentionally turn a blind eye to those who are not as fortunate. I don't understand why people can't get over their differences. Imagine what we as a race could accomplish if people didn't squabble over land or religion or what have you. People need to learn how to compromise. True you can't make everyone happy all of the time.. but if you're an asshole about things, that won't help. I think I understand why some people from other countries don't generally like Americans so much. I need to win the lottery so I can move to another country. Mmmm.. maybe Australia.. G'day Mate, let's go pick up some Sheilas!

3. Jackets - I have this black Banana Republic mid-length jacket that I feel I like to much. In fact, I'm almost intimate with it. What can I say, we've been through alot together. Slept on many a floors together and huddled for warmth while keeping eachother company. I love you jacket! What can I say.. women have ya know.. shoes.. purses.. whatever.. I have jackets.. oh well and a thing for cars too, but overall jackets are cheaper. It makes me think about when I was younger I used to wear a long black trench coat (yes before The Matrix), with a white smiley face button on the lapel. Pretty harmless. Then there was that incident where some asshole high school kids went on a killing spree and called themselves 'The Trench Coat Mafia'. And for awhile after that people who wore trench coats were shunned. I remember I walked into work a week after the incident and got some stares from people. At that moment I hadn't realized what the big deal was and when I did I was just like.. whatever it's cold piss off!. I mean.. if people went around on a killing spree wearing Abercombie or Tommy clothes, would everyone suddenly stop wearing them?! The North Face Jacket serial killer! ahhhhhhh ruuuuun!... stupid people I swear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quit goofing with your coat, goof :)

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about fantasy waterskiing
. You can check it out at fantasy waterskiing
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam