Thursday, September 16, 2004

The geeky tourist

So the other day after work I went upstairs to the gym with one of my coworkers. She's currently studying for her black belt in TaeKwonDo. So, we were upstairs sparring then afterwards I did some weights whatever. So I'm walking to school after all that and I'm walkin along jamming out to my iPod and about ten minutes later I looked up at the street signs.. my first thought was.. hey wait, that street doesn't belong here? Then I looked around some more and was like.. Where the hell am I ??? .. Apparently I had somehow fallen into a wormhole and walked in a reaaaally big circle and had no clue where I was. So.. like an asshole, I had to ask someone where State and Jackson is. The stranger was kind enough to point me in the right direction. I told him I was a tool and not from his country and thanked him. I don't think he believed me. meh.

Yesterday, I noticed that I still do something in my head that I've done since I was a kid. I think it's caused by having been raised on much sci-fi and anime growing up. Sometimes I measure in my head how tired I am or how much strength I have and I'm all like.. hmm.. Energy at 62%, reserves at 30%. Shields? Weapons? Ahhh most days not so much. Specially with the lack of sleep this week. It's a geeky thing but at least it helps me figure out how much energy I really feel I have for the remainder of the day. What can you learn from this nonsense ? Always keep a reserve... you never know when you need to kick someone in the nuts.

0 comments: