Friday, January 20, 2006

Punk'd or Not

So the other day Haruka and I were at the grocery store and I was like.. Hey I'm gonna buy some steaks for dinner.. sounds good right? So I saunter, yes, saunter, over to the butcher and got some steaks.. he wraps them up and goes.. "That'll be $41.00". And I just kind of stand there for a moment blinking. Let me explain how this works for guys. There are two possible outcomes at that moment.

1) Say nevermind and walk away.. quickly.

2) Suck it up and pay for it.

So I couldn't punk out and go with option 1, so those were the tastiest steaks ever.. not really but that night they were.

So today.. I go to Dunkin Donuts cuz I figure.. hey I'll buy donuts and bagles for my team just cuz. I order a dozen donuts and a dozen bagels and the girl working there asks me.. how many cream cheeses you want? So here's me thinking they were the little ass individual onces.. so I say.. SIX. She kind of stares at me.. says four should be good. So I'm like fine four whatever. Turns out they were 4 TUBS of cream cheese. Ain't no one need that much cream cheese lemme tell you. So the guy at the cash register rings me up and says $27. Again, presented with the "not gonna get punked" moment. Good job credit card! Who knew that cream cheese was so freakin expensive.. guess thats what happens when you buy FOUR TUBS.. oops.

- D -

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Try the cream cheese, it's the shiznit.