Thursday, January 19, 2006

Faith

Damn.. I'm old. In less than a month I'll be a full year older than I was last Februrary. (yes I know). Just damn. Nothing up much lately. More work. More sleep. More not sleeping. Not as much gaming. Getting back into reading so that's good. I've also finally started using the DVD burner on my computer. It's kinda dope to download imports of movies and anime, burn em to dvd to watch em on my TV instead of on the PC.. I mean... I don't download stuff because that's wrong.

Something that's annoying to me is if you go to yahoo.com and run a search for "something more to life" it pulls up almost nothing except religious sites. Why is it that if you feel like you want something more out of life or you're looking for something that it's automatically assumed that you need faith and Jesus in your life? Am I against religion and sacarafice goats in my backyard? No, I don't have a backyard. But, I think there is more out there aside from religion being the answer. My view on some people and religion is that they worship blindly and are so devoted because they *need* something to believe in and for them, religion is it. To each his own, I'm not judging them and for all I know, they're the smart ones.

Lame. Back to work.
----

Poison - Something to Believe in

I drive by the homeless sleeping on a cold dark street
Like bodies in an open grave
Underneath the broken old neon sign
That used to read JESUS SAVES

A mile away live the rich folks
And I see how they're living it up
While the poor they eat from hand to mouth
The rich is drinkin' from a golden cup

And it just makes me wonder
Why so many lose, so few win

And give me something to believe in
If there's a Lord above
And give me something to believe in
Oh, Lord arise

You take the high road
And I'll take the low road

Sometimes I wish to God I didn't know now
The things I didn't know then

And give me something to believe in

0 comments: