Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I see trees of green red roses to

So it's officially the first work day of 2006... fuck that 2006 can keep it! Booo... Needless to say unlike some of the other people here I have not in fact "gotten back into the swing of things." That and I'm off tomorrow so whatever on all that.

I woke up this morning from a really deep sleep with some pretty lucid dreams. I can't recall exactly what they were about but I remember I felt like I was doing something more.. important with my life that actually held meaning. Then I woke up looked at the clock and was like.. ah damn it.

So Xmas and New Years came and went. Sometime this week.. the Hello Kitty meets the rave tree must come down.

Hope everyone had a good holiday.. now back to work bitches! It's funny, sometimes I have to think.. is there anyone that I know that reads this that I feel could get offended by what I write? Then I'm like.. pfft.. if it's anyone that *I* know that reads this they wouldnt be offended if I started making jokes about goats and different ethnic groups so I'm not to worried about it.

Watched a couple of movies over the past several days and standing out in my mind is The Butterfly Effect. Now, I know it stars pfft Ashton Kutcher and I know it has nothing to do with the book of the same title.. but the concept itself wedged itself in my head a little bit. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie.. well that sucks go do that. The basic concept though makes you think a bit. If you could go back in time and make any changes.. what would that effect? Would you be willing to change things which you feel would make other people better off but potentially effect everything else in your life? What if instead I didn't ditch that one event in high school for a girl I'm no longer with? What if I stuck with the whole going to college thing way back? What if's suck ass let me tell you. The problem with all of that is this. If anything were to change, if one thing that happened to me in my lifetime didn't happen.. that would possibly change the person I am today and my identify that I've established at least with my sense of self. So with that in mind, if anything could be changed... would that be good or bad? The thought that I could have been one of those guys that went to college and joined a fraternity..WHAT? pfft.

I think it boils down to me saying Fuck It.

Holla.

- D -

PS. Can you believe I still have some Xmas gifts to give out? Jeebus.

Nina Gordon - Tonight and the Rest of My Life (Partial)

Down to the earth
I fell with dripping wings
Heavy things won’t fly
And the sky might catch on fire
And burn the axis of the world that’s why
I prefer a sunless sky
To the glittering and stinging in my eyes

I feel so light
This is all I wanna feel tonight
I feel so light
Tonight and the rest of my life
Tonight and the rest of my life

Gleaming in the dark sea
I’m as light as air floating there breathlessly
When the dream dissolves
I open up my eyes
I realize that
Everything is shoreless sea
A weightlessness is passing over me

0 comments: