Monday, July 18, 2005

One foot in front of the other

Good Morning.

So I get to my cubicle this morning and I ask one of my coworkers.. is it REALLY bright in here or? He kind of tilted his head and looked at me like I was asking him for some spare change so I could afford my next purchase of crack... awesome.

First.. Happy Birthday to Joan! Hopefully she was able to celebrate with more than spackle and paint.

This was kind of a quiet weekend for the most part. Think Haruka and I managed to watch alot of TV and even did some laundry. But honestly after a full work week of running and jumping through hoops, I appreciate just sitting still and waiting for the blur of myself to catch up with me so I can be centered again. Tallulah should know what I mean by that.

Yesterday we went to the downtown area of one of the nieghborhoods north of me. I can say it was cool for multiple reasons but mainly because standing there looking around if you just let go, it seemed like you were in another city somewhere else in the World. I guess it's a romantic notion to just pick up and go or the adventurous feeling of having to adapt to an unknown place and situations. Meh.. it's hard to explain, but I like it.

Then we saw War of the Worlds. Let me say.. it sucked so much ass I was angry for hours after watching it. Just because Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg are involved with a film, by no means guarantees it to be good. Now I watched the original when I was a kid and watched the spinoff television series of it as well. The special effects? Sure awesome. The story? I could have wiped my ass with the script and it would have been better than what they had. Slackers. Oh and it was also awesome how the projector stopped at a really tense part of the film and then 10 minutes later some theatre employee coming in and telling us it would be fixed in 10 or 15 minutes.. awesome.

Then I get home and watched The Day After Tomorrow, just because I never watched it when it came out. Apparently yesterday was apocalypse movie day for me. It does make me think.. if any huge end of the world like thing happened as bad as it would be, I'd kind of have fun trying to survive and move on. Don't ask, I can't explain. It probably goes with the notion of adapting and adventuring.

Anyway I'm going to go back to work.. lots of stuff to do.

Awesome.

- D -

0 comments: