Friday, August 24, 2007

In the country



Current Song on Repeat - Stevie B - When I Dream About You (dunno dont ask)

Contrary to what my sister tells me, I feel that I'm currently living IN THE COUNTRY.. why do I say that?

Let's see;

1. I have been mosquito fodder. Apparently when I got here one mosquito called all of his friends and said HEY! The Thai Buffet is open!.. bastard I will kill them all.

2. Look around.. you see any skyscrapers? Yeah that's what I thought.

3. Wasps. Ohmigod. I'm about to get ninja on these big ass wasps out here and whip out a sword cuz damn they look like they could fight back even if I had one. 'I need more bullets'.

4. Praying Mantis. No really. I was parked at the Starbucks down the street (amazing there is one) and.. there was not one but TWO on my car. Omen? Sure. It means. MOVE THE F--- back towards the city.

So the job hunt continues. One of my former coworkers actually hit me up a couple of minutes ago as I was hitting apply for another job and he's like.. hey you looking for a job still? Yeah.. I don't think I've hit reply on an email that fast in a long time. So we'll see how that goes.

I guess the new / current plan is.. find an IT job. Do it. Get in shape (really good shape) and look for / apply for a law enforcement job that I'd want to do. Ideally it would be pretty hot to work on computers and carry a gun and kick people in the face... yeah that sounds like a good day.

There's been rediculous storms out here as of late to. I'll laugh if I go to sleep (it happens sometimes) and wake up in Oz.

This blows.. I haven't been out of the house in days. Sure I guess that's on me but I just haven't really had the will to actually get out of bed or leave my room or do anything. It's not about the money though money is nice.. it's about being useful and doing something. I think that's why eventhough my last job before the whole corporate buyout thing, eventhough I worked mad hours, I liked it because it was like.. hey look at me doing something useful and getting paid for it. Sure it wasn't world changing or epic, but it was still like.. this is my ground, and I'm going to hold it, ya know?

More later must get back to applying for jobs people don't want to give me yet.

- D -

1 comments:

Call Me Joan said...

"Movin' to the country, gonna eat me a lot of peaches!"

I like your new plan. A lot. Go then! :D

-J