Monday, March 05, 2007

If I leave here tomorrow


I'll never understand why it seems that in our most confused sleep deprived states, we can have our deepest moments of clarity and soul searching. I think it may have to do with the fact that it's more of our subconscious thinking than our conscious mind allowing us to not be hindered by our inhibitions or fears. How's that for some deep thoughts?

I dunno why but I've been digging on Freebird lately. Maybe it's the words or maybe it was a past life as a hippy. I'm not sure though. If I had a choice back in the day between being a hippy or a slacker 'greaser' / biker type it'd be tough. I think those thoughts were generated by watching a Back to the Future marathon last weekend.

Sat and Sun (Yesterday and the day before) I spent random hours sleeping and my sleep schedule is pretty screwed right now. Had a disturbing nightmare though on Sunday morning / afternoon where I was being attacked by a cross of the wraith prison guard things from Harry Potter and the riders from Lord of the Rings. It was pretty disturbing. Black shadowy figures with bright white faces.. well not really faces but circles in the hood with bright light. Basically I would stand in a room then suddenly it would get really dark and I'd squint and not be able to see anything. Then the creature would appear and would get really bright and I'd feel this pressure on my chest. Haruka was in the dream to and I remember asking her if it was dark but she didn't see anything out of the ordinary. It was pretty stressful and I so didn't wake up rested. Meh.. for all I know the pressure on my chest was a cat sleeping on my chest... what.. its a big cat..

At least after work today I'll finally get the tire on my car fixed. Got alot of stuff I need to do. Clean the apartment. Get caught up on my credit cards.. well at least get the process of getting that 'set up' and cleaned up. That's gonna suck.

Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

0 comments: