Thursday, March 15, 2007

Gimme the cassshhh

So.. I'm hoping I do get laid off and given a sev package.

The plan so far if this happens.

1. Habitat for Humanity in Thailand. (1 mth)

2. Travel around random destinations (Romania, Bali, Japan, Taiwan, London, Greece, France) Ok maybe I wouldn't hit those all in one month but you get the idea.. I want to travel a bit. (1 mth)

3. Come back decide if I want to stay in state or not. If not, decide where to go and deal with all the details involved.

4. Find new job that pays the same I'm getting now if not more. (wishful thinking?)

5. Get new job. Adapt. Laugh like the guy from the 7-up commercial back in the day.

- D -

I am however resigned to the idea that because I WANT to be laid off and given the package, I probably instead will be offered a position I don't want and not get the package. Cynical? Pessimistic? Na.. just as always hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

0 comments: